The Computer Studies department has been mandated to effectively conceive, develop, implement, utilize and manage appropriate information communication technology solution systems in order to provide integrated quality services to Kabete Polytechnic in line with vision, mission, core values and objectives besides offering teaching and learning services.
1.Train end-user on computer literacy and offer end-user computing support
2. Continually review curriculum to meet the dynamic nature of the computing technology.
3. To offer technical advice and consultancy on acquisition of ICT resources.
4. Respond to emerging issues in ICT
5. Enhance access and equality in ICT skills development.
6. Enhance corroboration and linkages with other departments sharing a common vision
7. Offer competence based curriculum that is responsive to the industry demands
8. Prepare graduates that are hands on in ICT technology
Currently the department offers the following teaching programs to the trainees.
1. Diploma Information Communication Technology
2. Craft certificate in Information communications Technology
3. Certificate in computer Application Packages.
4. Certificate in computer web design and development
5. Certificate in mobile application programming PHP, C++, HTML.
6. Certificate in computer support maintenance and networking
7. Certificate in computer graphics design
8. Certificate in computer support maintenance and fault diagnosis